As an Original Equipment Manufacturer, our commitment is to deliver durable parts and reliable service in a timely manner to ensure your machine’s performance is never compromised.
When you own and operate a piece of Komatsu Tier 4 construction equipment, you can expect more than a high-tech, hard-working machine. You can also expect a strong commitment from Komatsu and your Komatsu distributor to deliver an ownership experience that’s second to none. We call it Komatsu CARE — a complete service and advanced product support solution that Komatsu and our distributors provide to our customers for the life of the machine.
Komatsu CARE features our exclusive Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance program: Eligible Komatsu Tier 4 construction machine comes standard with factory scheduled maintenance for the first 3 years/2,000 hours. Complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter exchange and SCR maintenance service for the first 5 years/ 9000 hours are also included under Komatsu CARE.
Komatsu is the first construction equipment manufacturer offering this kind of complimentary maintenance program that adds value to your Tier 4 equipment investment. You can count on Komatsu CARE to:
• Lower your cost of ownership
• Improve equipment uptime and reliability
• Protect the value of your capital investment
• Ensure that proper maintenance is performed by factory-certified technicians with OEM parts
• Increase resale value with detailed maintenance records and transferable program benefits
• Ensure every new Komatsu Tier 4 construction machine is covered.
All Komatsu machines come with KOMTRAX, our advanced remote monitoring data system that provides access to specific machine data via the internet.
KOMTRAX works with Komatsu CARE to notify you and your local Komatsu distributor when a machine is due for service. This helps keep equipment in peak operating condition and enables you to monitor and manage your fleet.
The Komatsu CARE program covers all new eligible Komatsu Tier 4 construction equipment, whether rented, leased or purchased. For the first 3 years or 2,000 hours, whichever comes first, you’ll receive:
• Regular service at 500, 1,000, 1,500 and 2,000-hour intervals and 250 hours if applicable.
• A 50-point inspection by factory-trained certified technicians at each scheduled interval
• Komatsu Dealer Support: Labor from factory-trained certified technicians.
• Komatsu Lubricants: our range of Komatsu Genuine Lubricants incorporates a specially formulated additive package which provides superior protection for Komatsu equipment.
• KOWA Oil sampling and analysis.
• Service will be performed by an authorized Komatsu distributor and only Komatsu genuine fluids* and OEM parts will be used.
• Monitors wear characteristics.
• Detection of trend changes.
• Detect contaminant problems by identifying deposits in your lubricants.
• Komatsu CARE services are available from every authorized Komatsu distributor anywhere in the US and Canada.
* Coolant exchanged at 24 months (if not expired by hours), air filters, belts, valve adjustments and accumulators are not covered under this program.
Eligible Komatsu Tier 4 construction equipment comes with 2 complimentary KDPF exchange units for the first 5 years / unlimited hours. The suggested KDPF maintenance service intervals are at 4,500 hours and 9,000 hours.
• Exchanges can occur at regular planned service intervals or at 2 unplanned times (pre-authorization required)
• Lower cost of ownership
• No wait for cleaning means more uptime
• Removal and Installation performed by factory trained certified technicians to ensure the work is done to OEM standards.
Eligible Komatsu Tier 4 construction equipment comes with 2 complimentary SCR System maintenance services for the first 5 years / unlimited hours. The suggested SCR System maintenance service intervals are at 4,500 hours and 9,000 hours.
The goal of an SCR system is to reduce levels of nitrogen oxides (NOx) emitted from the engine that are harmful to our health and the environment. SCR treats exhaust gas downstream of the engine. Small quantities of diesel emission fluid (DEF) are injected into the exhaust stream and when mixed with the NOx, changes into a harmless nitrogen and water mixture.
After Komatsu CARE Maintenance ends, an extended maintenance program can be added to continue servicing of your machine. See your local distributor for details.