Analyzing engine oil and other fluids is the best way to look inside a machine’s engine and powertrain. It can help you identify trends and make informed repair and maintenance decisions.
The Komatsu Oil & Wear Analysis (KOWA) program allows you to pinpoint and solve equipment problems by providing a full range of information on both the lubricant and the machine that can support your operations and maintenance decisions.
KOWA uses highly reputable, independent laboratories across North America to ensure that you are provided with an unbiased appraisal of the condition of your equipment. KOWA’s testing facilities are ISO accredited to ensure the highest degree of accuracy and confidence. KOWA offers ‘Next-day Turnaround’ upon receipt of samples for routine analysis. Oil analysis results are compared to Komatsu guidelines to eliminate any guesswork.
KOWA is your best defense for proactively maintaining your equipment.
• ISO accredited independent labs for objective results you can trust
• Results compared to Komatsu guidelines to eliminate guesswork
• Identify minor problems before they become major failures
• Maximize asset reliability/availability
• Reduce life-cycle costs (extend component life)
• Prioritize repairs based on machinery condition
• Better informed reselling and purchasing decisions
• Toll-free access for technical questions and support
There are 5 KOWA laboratories across the United States, but your KOWA results are as close as an internet connection. The KOWA Lube Oil Analysis Management System (LOAMS) provides immediate 24/7 access to reports and data, graphs, transit time statistics and a variety of management reports. Reporting options can be customized for each user by sample severity and can include e-mail notification.